11/6/12

Gloss n Sparkle - Mirage, Optimus, and Unicorn Droppings

Hi!!

So it's been about 2 weeks since I've posted last, but at least now I can say that I've finished my university exams FOR EVER!!

Today I've got 3 polishes from the amazing indie polish brand Gloss n Sparkle. First up is Mirage, a powder blue creme with small and large silver hexes. I completely love this polish, it reminds me of cartoons like Charlie Brown when they draw snow in the background or something. I think it's perfect for winter and Christmas, I'm pretty sure that this'll be bumped up in the rotation around December haha. I'm pretty sure that this is two coats, but there's still a little bit of VNL so 3 would probably be better.

Bottle shot! 

Indoors

Indoors 

With flash

Next up is Optimus. I couldn't not get this polish, I love the name so much! Plus I'm on a major sheer jelly with glitter kick so I had to get it haha! Optimus is a grey jelly with blue and red large hexes. I love how the jelly partially covers the glitters. This is two coats.

Bottle shot

Indoors

Indoors

Close up

Finally, probably Gloss n Sparkles most well known polish: Unicorn Droppings. If you're only going to buy one of any Gloss n Sparkle polishes, make it this one! Unicorn Droppings is a milky white jelly embedded with holographic shimmer packed with small matte purple, yellow, red, blue, and green (but there's probably more colours then that!) hexes. I think this is going to be one of the polishes that I'll rephotograph when I get my new camera because I don't think that my camera at the moment managed to capture the sheer awesomeness of this polish! This is two (quite thick) coats, but three thin coats would probably give the glitters more depth.

Bottle shot - flash

Bottle shot

Indoors

Indirect sunlight

Close up

Lately I've gotten completely obsessed with nail polish rings, ever since I saw how easy it was to make them, I decided that I don't wear enough jewellery and that I should make my own! These are two rings that I made with Gloss n Sparkle Abyss and Unicorn Droppings. They both look amazing in rings and if you managed to get either of these polishes, I encourage you to make your own rings!


 Bonus pictures - the kitten that we're look after at the moment! We decided to name him Jefferson after the Mad Hatter from Once Upon A Time.


Omg his cute little face! Haha

You can buy Gloss n Sparkle polishes from her Etsy store if you live in Australia. If you live internationally don't worry! Gloss n Sparkle has recently announced that she has gained international distribution through Shoppe Eclecticco, and like Gloss n Sparkle on Facebook to keep up with updates, restocks and new collections!

See you next time!
x

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I've heard of this brand before- wow, I'm glad I know about them now! All of these are right up my alley. I also love your description of the first one... like cartoon snow. :D Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really pretty! Optimus is my favorite, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much amazingness in one post - the polishes are epic (I love Optimus) and the kitty is so cute I can't even describe it:)Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully cute kitty :)
    I love the polishes in this post.. they all look amazing :)
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award:) Check it out at
    http://naily-perfect.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete